Salary£30,000 - £50,000
This is an IT Server Administrator for you if you are experienced in Windows and wants to venture down the Linux server administration path and to apply your skills to achieve meaningful change in the world as the client is a charity that aims to stop climate change and create a sustainable economy that works for both people and planet based in central London.
You will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring the server infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently by supporting and maintaining effective and robust systems.
Key responsibilities include:
• As part of a team, ensuring that systems remain available, secure and perform well across both Windows and Linux stacks
• Taking part in the planning and design of improvements to our server infrastructure
• As part of a team, ensuring all system plans, policies and procedures are accurately documented
• Providing regular reporting to IT management on server capacity, availability and performance
• Working closely with our managed service provider, Rackspace, and improving our runbook with them to ensure that standard processes can be executed by their engineers
• Troubleshooting problems with the Software Engineering team and advising on improvements. Occasional out-of-hours maintenance work will be required to carry out authorized production and pre-production deployments to a high standard.
• General admin duties to network infrastructure
• Updating approved existing systems with the latest software patches
• Performing vulnerability scans across networks and assessing findings
• Investigating and responding to support requests, diagnosing and resolving technical issues
• Support the general business
Required skills and experience:
You will bring:
• 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, supporting and enhancing production applications on cloud technologies
• Good knowledge of Windows server administration including Server 2012R2 and 2016, Exchange 365, Microsoft Azure and it would be beneficial to have some Dynamics365 experience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot to a high standard, even under pressure
• Exposure to Linux and a willingness to gain experience in this environment
• Good knowledge of Windows networking concepts, TCP/IP, network and server security, implementation, troubleshooting.
• Experience in monitoring tools, frameworks and processes, ideally including NewRelic
• Experience of formal release and change management, incident and problem management both from a technology and process perspective
• Excellent written and oral English
• A strong “team player” with a proven ability to collaborate effectively across a high-performing global team
You will be successful in your application if you can demonstrate good problem-solving abilities, an eagerness to learn and solid Microsoft Server systems administrator skills along with good communication skills and be able to do the job with a bit of banter
You will enjoy real flexibility in working times and homeworking. You should feel good about working for an organisation that has ethics at its heart and value working a diverse and inclusive environment.
Salary will be £30,000 plus benefits.
For a full job description and to apply please send your CV first.4372