One of the newest and fastest growing defence contractors in the UK has an immediate requirement for a Senior Java Developer/Senior Software Engineer to support R&D teams in product development of unmanned aerial vehicles based near Milton Keynes.
In this role, you will work in multidisciplinary teams in a matrix management structure giving you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience into many different technical areas and you will be at the forefront of innovating technologies.
- Primarily, your Java Developer/Software Engineer role will be to design, develop and test software systems to support both modelling and simulation activities and product development. Specifically, this will include the harmonisation of real-time avionics databases used both onboard and off-board aircraft.
- You will be responsible for delivery, reporting and presentation of technical work and writing and submitting any necessary documentation.
- General tasks related to business delivery (e.g. contributions to experimental procedures).
- Full lifecycle development
- Java, GUI SQL Databases
- Database design, implementation and maintenance
- Linux and Windows development
- Multi-threading experience
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Service orientated architectures
- Agile methods (Scrum or similar)
If you are a Java Developer/Software Engineer that is ambitious and would like to see your career progress at a rapid rate and learn new skills and gain new experiences, please apply today as you will also receive a basic salary of between £45,000-£65,000 plus benefits and a great working environment.3963