Salary£30,000 - £50,000
Are you a competent Software Engineer /Developer in a general object-oriented language such as C# or Java?
Do you have experience using databases, preferably using T-SQL, although again any variant of SQL?
Do you have an Interest in designing and developing modern web applications using technologies including NodeJS, MVC frameworks, and front-end frameworks including React and Redux?
An award-winning legal services firm that has ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus and is a provider of forensic technology services to the Government has a wonderful opportunity for a Software Engineer to help manage the day-to-day operations of a further two developers, as well as to support the development and growth of the team for the future.
In this role, you will contribute to developing a wide range of forensic technology programs and tools from simple SQL scripts to complex web applications and everything in between.
You will join a creative Electronic Discovery and Computer Forensics practice in London. You will be excited by a challenge and looking for an opportunity to immerse yourself in a new industry where you can play an active and important role in an agile development process. You would get the opportunity to use a wide array of technologies gaining experience in tools and libraries that have just been released and take a leading role in driving the decisions we make around using these technologies.
This includes developing tools from the ground up as well as extending existing software using API frameworks. Although this is mainly a development role there will also be an opportunity to gain experience working within the eDiscovery projects and interacting with clients, as we strongly believe it’s important for all our developers to understand the domain, they are working in.
- Java or C# .NET software development experience
- A degree (2:1 or above) in Computer Science or related degree is desirable however we are open to considering candidates who hold a degree in an alternative discipline should their experience and knowledge fit all other material aspects of the specification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draft clear and concise software issue reports and translate client concerns into engineering tasks.
- Strong team working skills with the ability to think logically with strong problem-solving skills. This is particularly important as the team is compact and requires all members to want the project to succeed.
- HTML/CSS framework such as React/Redux or Angular;
As well as the opportunity to grow both technically and non-technically by having an employee development role in a growing software development team involved in the next generation of software for the legal industry you can expect a salary of around £30,000.
Send your CV today.5373