Do you have a good understanding of the current requirements of the automotive industry for vehicle and engine emissions testing as well as engine and powertrain testing?
Do you have a good understanding of the equipment and systems necessary to meet these testing requirements?
Do you have a proven track record of successful technical sales to the Automotive industry?
A leading name in the field of automotive testing systems has a requirement for a Product Specialist to be based in Northampton and act as a technical advisor to the automotive industry and universities. The Product Specialist is responsible for supporting the sales team in advising customers in the automotive industry and providing a high-level technical support on the Emissions, Mechatronics & Test Automation test systems and equipment they require.
The Product Specialist has scope to implement his or her own style and use your own individual initiative and approach to the work
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To maintain regular contact with Emissions, Mechatronics & Test Automation customers, ensuring that they are familiar with plans and budgets at all times.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure all enquiries are handled efficiently.
- To prepare quotations in response to requests from customers. This will involve discussing the technical specifications with the customer concerned to ensure that the equipment being quoted meets the customer’s requirements.
- To advise customers on the equipment best suited to meet the task they have in hand.
- If the customer’s requirements cannot be met by standard equipment, to prepare in conjunction with the Project Management department and other Engineering groups, an outline of specifications of the custom-designed equipment required.
- On receipt of a purchase order from a customer, to attend the order entry meeting with various departments to ensure that all parties concerned understand the customer’s requirements.
- To work with the commissioning department from time to time, ensuring that customer requests for solution prove out before handover are robust and satisfactory.
- From time to time to deliver Training to team members and customers in the operation of the equipment and wider solutions. This may be done in parallel with the commissioning of the equipment.
- Additionally, the Product Specialist (Emissions, Mechatronics & Test Automation) is required to develop and support appropriate business strategy for Emissions, Mechatronics & Test Automation Products. To include:
- Analysis of current Sales & Support activities in respect of their performance.
- Reporting such issues to Area Sales Manager.
- Develop and implement company Business Plan.
- Continually monitor all Sales Activities to ensure compliance with agreed company Procedures.
- Ensure that the Sales Teams activities are harmonized with various company and factory procedures.
- To monitor and sign off all quotations for Emissions, Mechatronics & Test Automation Products and to identify any concerns with Area Sales Manager.
Apply today to enjoy a salary of £40,000-£52,000 plus flexible working, pension, healthcare, car allowance and a load of other corporate benefits.
To be eligible to apply you will need:
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as automotive engineering, mechanical engineering or
- A good understanding of the global Automotive Emissions regulations and future roadmap.
- Sales skills and experience