Are you a competent Software Engineer /Developer in a general object-oriented language such as C# or Java?
Do you have experience running a development team, supporting development processes such as Git and CI and have strong delegation and supervisory skills with interns and junior engineers?
Are you also comfortable presenting and demonstrating both internally amongst the team and externally to clients who may be driving some of the feature set?
An award-winning legal services firm that has ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus and is a provider of forensic technology services to the Government has a wonderful opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to help manage the day-to-day operations of a further two developers, as well as to support the development and growth of the team for the future.
In this role, there will be a further 5 developers as part of the overall business who are also available in various capacities to help and support you in taking responsibility for existing products and roadmap.
You will join a creative Electronic Discovery and Computer Forensics practice in London. You will be excited by a challenge and looking for an opportunity to immerse yourself in a new industry where you can play an active and important role in an agile development process. You would get the opportunity to use a wide array of technologies gaining experience in tools and libraries that have just been released and take a leading role in driving the decisions we make around using these technologies.
- Java or C# .NET software development experience
- A degree (2:1 or above) in Computer Science or related degree is desirable however we are open to considering candidates who hold a degree in an alternative discipline should their experience and knowledge fit all other material aspects of the specification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draft clear and concise software issue reports and translate client concerns into engineering tasks.
- Strong team working skills with the ability to think logically with strong problem-solving skills. This is particularly important as the team is compact and requires all members to want the project to succeed.
- HTML/CSS framework such as React/Redux or Angular;
As well as the opportunity to grow both technically and non-technically by having a leading role in a growing software development team involved in the next generation of software for the legal industry you can expect a salary of around £50,000.4739