Salary£30,000 - £50,000
Do you have a Field Service Engineer experience?
Do you have a degree or a recognised Apprenticeship in Electrical/Electro-Mechanical discipline?
Are you willing to travel up to 60% of the time?
Are you well organised, flexible, communicates effectively both verbally and written, focused, self-motivated, with the ability to prioritise workload and work under own initiative?
A Field Service Engineer is urgently required for a wonderful company and leading provider of Automotive Testing Systems. We are looking for a talented person with a background in electronics, chemistry/mechanical or physics. As in this role you will be servicing testing systems for the automotive sector that include and cover emissions, driveline, automation, engine and brake testing products.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Visiting all the major motor car manufacturers for the servicing and support of my client’s company manufactured testing systems for the automotive sector sites mainly around the Midlands area. This work will include, but not be limited, to installation and commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting/field rectification, service technical support and customer training.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To carry out routine maintenance and servicing and breakdown repairs of company manufactured equipment – primarily on customer sites but occasionally in the company service workshop.
- Support installation, commissioning activities, field troubleshooting and upgrade campaigns.
- To train customers in the proper operation of the equipment where required.
- To train customers in the routine maintenance of the equipment where required.
- From time to time provide more detailed Service Technical Reports on a specific product or customer issues. Occasionally to develop and manage field troubleshooting guides and techniques and upgrade campaigns.
- To provide telephone technical support to customers as and when practical.
- To train other service personnel in service of equipment – by a combination of “formal” written and verbal presentation at the base and on the job training at customer sites.
- To attend project meetings and report back to other members of the department as necessary.
- From time to time to report warranty problems back to the manufacturing company using the CS sheet
- To undertake other tasks as directed in support of the service organisation.
In return you will work for a company that prides itself on how well employees are treated an rewarded, a competitive salary + bonus, +£6,600 car allowance, + 5% employer contribution pension, + flexible benefits and flexible working, contracted for a 35.5 hr week Mon-Fri 9-5.
The team culture is friendly and happy and most staff stays there for 10-17 years plus due to the enjoyable work and environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Recognised Apprenticeship or degree in Electrical/Electro-Mechanical discipline.
- Computer literate.
- MS Office.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Experience in Automotive Testing or Research & Development environment.
- Knowledge of Speed Drive control systems.
- Knowledge of Gas Analysis
Interviews will be held ASAP so apply today to arrange yours!3628