Salary£30,000 - £50,000
An international manufacturer of electronic equipment for the automotive industry has an immediate requirement for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to be based at its head office in Northampton.
The main purpose of the job is to undertake and support the preparation of electrical designs for both customer project and internal product development activities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To capture electrical design requirements as part of defined design processes
- To undertake the detailed electrical design of products and project installations
- Preparation of build documentation including:
- Electrical circuit designs and assembly drawings
- Wiring sheets and instructions
- Bills of Materials
- Test specifications
- User manuals
- Installation and service manuals
- To support off-site testing of equipment before delivery to ensure equipment operates in line with requirements.
- To provide technical support to colleagues in other departments including Service, Purchasing and Production.
- To occasionally support installation and commissioning at customer premises.
- To report progress of engineering tasks to managers and other engineers as required.
- To liaise with suppliers to communicate requirements effectively and ensure the appropriate selection of materials and services to work in accordance with ISO 9001 and other relevant standards to support the approval & qualification of new products.
- To follow and maintain company and team objectives and KPIs.
- To adhere to required Health & Safety procedures.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Electrical Engineering or in a similarly related subject and relevant work experience in electrical design. You will also need some skills and experience in:
- Requirements capture and the creation of design briefs.
- Electrical systems design and design for manufacture.
- Digital and analogue I/O is highly desirable.
- Fault finding techniques (to component level).
- Relevant industry standards and regulations is desirable (e.g. Machinery Directive, Low Voltage Directive, EMC Directive, IET Wiring Regulations).
- Electrical CAD packages is essential (El-CAD or E-Plan experience is desirable)
- Some experience of AutoCAD Lt is desirable.
As the successful candidate you will receive a generous basic salary and be contracted for a 35 hr working week, and you will receive 25 days holiday rising with continuous service, full training and personal development and be put on a structured career path that could take your further in to design, project management, management, R&D, product design, other aspects of engineering or sales and marketing.
You could also move to other parts of the business worldwide plus you will enjoy corporate benefits including bonus and flexible working.
Interview to be held ASAP and to arrange yours apply by sending your CV online today.5410