An NGO involved in eliminating climate change by climate research and reducing carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions of business and governments has an immediate requirement for a Contract BI Developer to work on a small project for 3 months at the global head office in central London.
The Contract BI Developer will report to the Business Intelligence Specialist and will work closely with the working group who will use the data warehouse and BI systems.
Contract rate will be between about £350 – £415 p/d (depending on experience)
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and delivery of end to end BI solutions using best practices
- Building and maintaining ETL packages
- Contribute in designing Data Warehouse Schemas and building Data Presentation Layers
- Resolving and debugging ETL and data warehousing issues
- Provide technical design & development task estimates and contribute to sprint planning
- Testing Business Intelligence (BI) solutions developed by the data warehouse team.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Significant track record of delivering creative BI solutions using the Microsoft SSIS
- Demonstrate ability with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database engine.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, including designing, supporting and building ETLs
- Experience in writing T-SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of working closely with data users to support them in their work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment with tight deadlines within a highly motivated team.
Desired skills and experience (optional)
- Experience of analytics tools
- Experience of building externally facing BI tools delivered through websites
- Experience with R programming language
- Knowledge of development in c#, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 / 2016
The project has started and the stage for the Contract BI Developer to come on board will be 1st March and interviews will be held ASAP.
Please send your CV to enquire and/or to apply.5431